Italian manager Antonio Conte is reportedly planning to drag former club Chelsea FC to court over unpaid £9 million settlement.
The 49-year-old spent was fired by the club just after two seasons in charge of the Premier League outfit. Conte won one EPL and FA Cup titles during his two year reign at the Stamford Bridge before being shown the exit door.
SunSport however reports that negotiations over a settlement for the manager have been in gridlock for months.
The tactician has now decided to take the case to the Premier League’s manager’s arbitration tribunal, according to the Times.
If is however said that should both parties fail to agree on a sum, the case could be taken to the High Court. From the perspective of the club, Conte’s behaviour was said to have put him in breach of contract.
After his working relationships with senior members of the Blues board hit rock bottom during his second year in charge.
Conte’s agents believe he has not breached any frame work, adding that he is due for his final year’s salary, as he remains jobless ever since then.
Chelsea last match in charge was his side’s 1-0 win over Jose Mourinho-led Manchester United in the final of FA Cup at Wembley Stadium in May 2018.
Continentour.com.ng earlier reported that Premier League giants Chelsea have terminated Antonio Conte’s contract just two years after taking the job.
The Italian tactician became the Blues manager in the summer of 2016 and won the English topflight title for them in his debut season.
He ran into trouble with his employers after his first season at the Stamford Bridge but managed to wrap up the 2017-18 season with silverware – beating Manchester United to win this year’s FA Cup.
You may be interested
NIGERIA AT 58: A CRAWLING NATION THAT LOST ITS COMPASSBaytheghettowriter - October 22, 2018
Nigeria as a sovereign nation was granted its independence on October 1, 1960. Nigerians gathers to perform their normal rites by celebrating mediocrity instead of greatness. Tracing…
DOCTOR GIVES UPDATE ON THE CONDITIONS OF PUPILS FROM THE LAGOS COLLAPSED BUILDINGBaytheghettowriter - March 14, 2019
Some of the injured pupils in the building collapse at Ita-faji, Lagos Island, on Wednesday, March 13, are in stable condition and still receiving adequate medical attention…
ARGENTINA LEGEND REVEALS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIONEL MESSI AND RONALDOBaytheghettowriter - March 14, 2019
Diego Maradona has hailed Cristiano Ronaldo's exploits in the Champions League following his incredible hat-trick against Atletico Madrid. The 1986 World Cup winner also joined in the…
EMBARK ON ELECTORAL REFORMS NOW – HUMAN RIGHT LAWYER TELLS BUHARIBaytheghettowriter - March 14, 2019
Kayode Ajulo, a Human Rights Lawyer, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately embark on electoral reform to strengthen the country’s electoral process. Ajulo told the…