According to Wikipedia, ‘Parenting or child rearing is the process of promoting and supporting the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of a child from infancy to adulthood’
Biblically, children are the heritage of the Lord. Aside from that, the wealth of a nation can never be determine or decide by the economical and natural resources in it but the quality of the young growing (children) human being in it. The children in a country today will later become adults tomorrow. They will be the one to reshape the country and manage its affairs.
For these to be achieved, there should be moral upbringing in children for them to be a better person in the nearest future. It has been mandated for every parent in any country to train, nurture their children mentally, physically and intellectually for them to be useful. As a parent, you have to instill important values into the lives of your children which will make them to take responsibility for their actions and to also lead a moral life.
Follow These Rules to Inspire Manners in Your Children.
- For them to have self confidence, don’t blame or comment on everything they say or do. Overlook it sometimes.
- Apology to your children when you made a mistake doesn’t mean you are stupid but, it serves as a way of teaching them to be humble and polite.
- Pray with them, bless them every morning.
- When entering the house, greet them or better still, hug them. It will help them to develop sense of love and self with.
- Seek for permission before entering their rooms. Don’t just barge in. This will make them to learn the importance of privacy.
- Praise them for any good behavior they showcase. This will make them to know that good behavior is valued.
- Serve as a role model to them positively.
Raising a child is not as easy as bean cake but parents needs to dedicate most of their time to their children. Let me also give you some golden thought about child rearing by Tiruvalluvar (a Tamil poet/writer) in his Tirukkural.
- If your child is cowardly, it is because you help them quickly.
- If your child talks back to you, it is because they watch you do it to others which they think is normal behaviour.
- If your child does not stand up for themselves, it is because from a young age you have disciplined them regularly in public.
- If your child takes things that doesn’t belong to them, it is because when you buy things for them, you don’t let them choose what they want.
- If your child is too quick to anger, it is because you give too Much attention to misbehaviour and you give little attention to good behaviour.
- If your child do not respect other people’s feeling, it is because instead of speaking to your child, you order and command them.
- If your child is excessively jealous, it is because you only congratulate them when they successfully complete something and not when they improve at something even if they don’t successfully complete it.
- If your child is secretive, it is because they don’t trust that you won’t blow things out of proportion.
You may be interested
NIGERIA AT 58: A CRAWLING NATION THAT LOST ITS COMPASSBaytheghettowriter - October 22, 2018
Nigeria as a sovereign nation was granted its independence on October 1, 1960. Nigerians gathers to perform their normal rites by celebrating mediocrity instead of greatness. Tracing…
DOCTOR GIVES UPDATE ON THE CONDITIONS OF PUPILS FROM THE LAGOS COLLAPSED BUILDINGBaytheghettowriter - March 14, 2019
Some of the injured pupils in the building collapse at Ita-faji, Lagos Island, on Wednesday, March 13, are in stable condition and still receiving adequate medical attention…
ARGENTINA LEGEND REVEALS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIONEL MESSI AND RONALDOBaytheghettowriter - March 14, 2019
Diego Maradona has hailed Cristiano Ronaldo's exploits in the Champions League following his incredible hat-trick against Atletico Madrid. The 1986 World Cup winner also joined in the…
EMBARK ON ELECTORAL REFORMS NOW – HUMAN RIGHT LAWYER TELLS BUHARIBaytheghettowriter - March 14, 2019
Kayode Ajulo, a Human Rights Lawyer, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately embark on electoral reform to strengthen the country’s electoral process. Ajulo told the…